The cooler weather is finally coming around. This Alfredo Primavera Pasta Bake is comfort and cozy in every single bite!
There is nothing better than a made from scratch alfredo sauce. The next best thing is a good quality store bought alfredo sauce. I will share my go t0 made from scratch alfredo sauce soon, but today this recipe is a perfect dish to use the premade version.
Primavera often references spring vegetables. Why not brighten up the cool nights with a cozy and bright alfredo primavera pasta dish?
Frozen broccoli and premade alfredo sauce are the keys to making this a perfect weeknight dish! The crunch and buttery topping add beautiful color and even more deliciousness!
- 12 oz (3 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup matchstick-cut or shredded carrots
- 1 12 oz bag frozen baby broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 15 oz jars alfredo sauce
- ¾ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 T butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13X9 0r 3-quart size baking dish.
- In a large pot, heat 4 quarts of water to boiling. Add the macaroni & boil for 4 minutes. Stir in the carrots, & continue to boil for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to the pasta & carrots to the large pot. Add the broccoli, alfredo sauce, and ½ cup parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, add the panko breadcrumbs, remaining ¼ cup parmesan cheese, and melted butter. Stir to combine. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the pasta mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden.
- Serve & enjoy!